Spanish Christmas Gifts
Christmas is approaching, and you're facing the usual question: What should I buy him (or her)? Well, we've got some ideas... What about something the whole family will enjoy? How about some Spanish Christmas Gifts?
We've prepared an small selection of Spanish Christmas Gifts that we believe you will like... Let's take a look!
La Tienda's selection of more than 700 premium products provides you unlimited opportunities for give gifts of distinction to nearly everyone on your list -- from artisanal cheese and confections to hand-painted ceramics, and famed Castile soap.
In Christmas Treats and Sweets, you will find all the traditional Spanish holiday treats such as almond/honey turrón, mantecados, polvorones, and marzipan figures, hand made chocolate.
In For the Chef, we have the special ingredients and tools to produce traditional Spanish dishes or contemporary interpretations.
In Gifts for Her we've gathered products that may have special appeal to the women in your life, such as hand-painted ceramics from Toledo, classic Castile soaps, and exquisite Spanish bath products.
In Gifts for Him, you might consider something from our manly collection of whole hams with the hoof on, ham carving stands, knives, cutlery, glass porron pitchers, goat skin botas or free standing paella burners.
In For the Hostess, we have a number of small niceties like hand dipped Rabitos chocolates; artisan gift trays of honey, tea and fruit preserves; or a distinctive vintage wine.
Our select Gift Baskets of fine Spanish foods and treats, especially our Tapas Kits and Paella kits of many sizes, are perfect for a special 'Thank You', a corporate gift, or to introduce someone you love to the pleasures of Spanish food.
To help you shop by price range, we've gathered Gifts Under $50 and Gifts Under $100. And, a La Tienda gift card allows the recipient to make his or her own selection.
- Christmas in Spain: Christmas in Spain is quite a treat - the action gears up in mid-December and doesn't stop until January 6. There is the giant multi-billion euro lottery, splendid nativity scenes, lots of great food and one of the biggest New Year's Eve celebrations you are likely to see. As is the case throughout most of the Western world, Christmas first starts to rear its ugly head earlier and earlier each year. Traditional sweets such as turron and marzipan appeared in supermarkets in late October. However, apart from this, little takes place until December.
- A typical Spanish Christmas Menu: We have put together a menu for Christmas Eve dinner, Spanish-style. It has several courses and includes tapas or appetizers, as well as dessert and coffee or after-dinner drinks. None of the recipes are terribly difficult to prepare and you certainly do not have to use all of them.
- Set your Christmas Table: Need some help setting your Christmas table? We give you some interesting tips!
- Spanish Christmas Sweets: Spain's gastronomic wealth comes to its pinnacle at Christmas time. It is a time for parties and celebrations, and also for big meals with, of course, typical Christmas sweets. These are exquisite, traditional recipes, many of which have centuries of history - something not to be missed at this time of year.
- Using up your Christmas leftovers: Once Christmas is over, you end up with lots of leftover food... Will you just bin it? Nope! Learn how to finish off with them and have fun!
Subscribe to our newsletter